Thursday, March 11, 2004

Recess

Today at recess little Henry asked me if I would toss the football around with him. I told him that I would be happy to. But only if he wasn't bothered by the fact that I didn't actually know how to throw a football. He said it was fine so I jumped off my swing and headed to the small field with him. We "threw" back and forth for a while. At least I could catch it. Sort of. Until finally it happened. Instead of the ball going end over end, it made a pretty little spiralish motion like footballs are supposed to make. I gasped. And then I yelled, "Woah! Henry! Did you see that? I did it! Did you see it? I threw it right! I'm the smartest girl alive!"

Henry looked at me with eyes that said, "Freak, I'm six and I can do that. And way better than you!"

And so I shot him an equally intense gaze that clearly said, "Ya? Well it's a big deal for me so shut up!"

And then we kept playing.

No comments: