Thursday, April 10, 2003

One thing that really irritates me... and really scares me... is when my mom is right. It happens on occasion. In fact, it happens more than I'd like to admit. She says so many weird and crazy things that I usually just blow it off with a, "Sure, Mom. Whatever you say." Then I walk away thinking, "What the heck? From what cob-webbed corner of her brain did that come from?" But every now and again, one of the crazies is true. She'll say something totally off the wall and bizarre, I'll blow it off and within the next couple of days I'll hear it from somebody sane, or read it somewhere, that whatever she said was right. It freaks me out! And it's made my life a lot more complicated. I mean... if she was just spouting out insanities it'd be easy to blow it all off and move on... but with the random truths spurting out, I have to take everything into consideration, sort and filter. And, quite frankly, the process makes me crazy. Before I know it I'll be buying people bobble heads, warning them about blue jays and dressing my dog up like a princess. Will you still love me when I'm crazy?

No comments: