Monday, April 28, 2003

When you tell somebody you graduated, the conversation always ends up the same way...
"So, what are you going to do now?"
Duh, duh, dum!!!!
Uh... here's something interesting... I DON'T KNOW! I thought I had it figured out but now that I'm here I realize that I don't have anything figured out. So, I'll just chill here, try to earn some money and do my best to be productive while I wait for some answers.
Right now I'm like Wayne on Wayne's World as he goes to visit this great white electric guitar in the shop's window. There's his dream guitar, complete with heavenly lighting. Garth's in the car, rolling his eyes and talking to the camera, "He does this every Friday." And then to Wayne, "Stop torturing yourself, man! You'll never 'ford it!" Here's me staring through the store window thinking, "Man, didn't I do everything necessary to get that guitar? I had it all figured out. Grad school. Life." But there's my friend in the car talking sense into my head, "LIVE IN THE NOW!" Ya... the "now" me is clueless. I'll get over it. In the meantime there's sunshine (hopefully), a pool, great books I've been wanting to read for four years, great friends and familial freedom. What more does a new alumni need? I'm set for the summer time.

No comments: