Sunday, April 08, 2007

Taquito Bonito Chihuahua

One of these two baby boys is my very own Taquito Bonito Chihuahua. In a little over a week I'll be going to meet them and choose which one is most deserving of the name.



I plan on sitting on the floor and calling out the name and whichever one props up an ear or head first is coming home with me. Some people choose a dog and then pick a name that suits him. I choose a name and then pick a dog that fits the description. It's just how I roll.

Already I have more than any dog would need sitting in my living room including a dog bed, a carrier, a kennel, puppy training pads, receiving blankets, a leash, a collar, and half a dozen toys. I'm lacking only puppy food (which will be decided by the breeder and the vet) and a doggie sweater (which I have learned is necessary because Chihuahuas are unable to regulate their body temperature in even mildly cool weather... and I thought people just dressed their dogs for torture!) and some grooming necessities.

I'm also preparing myself by reading "Chihuahuas for Dummies" (not "Chihuahuas for Dumbers") which has let me know that my puppy's teeth may be so small that he may be unable to eat hard food for several weeks after I get him and I may need to make a puppy mush. Gross. But still cute. Kind of.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I about busted my cork laughing that you have receiving blankets. You kill me! I'm so very happy for you!

Leah said...

Whose bling is that in the photo?

Nama said...

i like how you roll.

ha! dumbers...

p.s. the word verification is "sgxxy", which sounds oddly like sexy, meaning your new puppy is deed sexy! ...or something...

Spliz said...

sweet.

kat said...

too bad you couldn't get both puppies and name them "taquito" and "burrito".
or "taquito" and "chalupa con queso".
or something.

Chardell said...

No, seriously Em, who's bling is that? Is it yours? If so, I'm totally jealous. Also, are you sure that's a chihuahua? You're not getting scammed are you?