Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Kids

So... I picked three children up Sunday evening and I'll have them until Saturday evening. They are two boys and a girl ages 9, 6 and 4 respectively. They're all staying in my tiny one bedroom apartment. We've been to a couple of parks to play on toys, learned how to take care of Taquito (who loves having kids around) and went to Northwest Trek. Tomorrow we're going to the zoo, Friday is our day for swimming and I'm pretty sure that Saturday will hold all the wonders of Chuck E. Cheese. I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous last week. When you're in a single's ward (or are avoiding a single's ward) and live alone one might forget how delightful kids can be. I almost forgot how much I loved them. Some might think that being a middle school teacher would be a constant reminder of how much I love kids. They would be wrong. But... I do. I do love kids. A lot! A lot, a lot actually! Really... real.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I'm the same way... I spend all day with kids, but still go to see my nephews after work. I'm a baby-holic. My brother in law recently tried to curse me by saying I'll have quadruplets one day. To that I say, Bring it.

Erika said...

Chuck E Cheese has the best pizza. I'm totally serious. It's so dang good. It just sucks that you have to listen to really bad cover songs sung by a giant mouse and a creepy bird.
Hey, I actually posted something on my blog :).
MUAH

Anonymous said...

I think kids are fun to borrow, and then return. I assume Duard told you I was prepared to ransack his apartment for "The Shat" but I just woke him from a nap instead.

Kirsten said...

AMEN!! I haven't visited here in forever. it's been to long. I can't believe you offer to babysit other people's kids for longer than a day. I offer, but most people know I don't really mean it ;)