Wednesday, August 18, 2004

It's Been Eight Days Since My Last Confession

It's been eight days since I've last written a blog. And so I write eight confessions.

1. In the past three weeks the longest block of sleep I've had is almost seven hours. I am tired.
2. I have already written this blog but it didn't post and now I'm trying to remember what it is that I wrote last time and debating whether it's even worth reposting.
3. I have moved to a new apartment in Provo. And by "moved" I mean that all of my belongings are scattered about the place in no particular order.
4. I drove from Provo to Renton in a little less than fifteen hours. This included over an hour that was wasted looking for a car charger for my brother's cell phone, the traffic in Salt Lake, the traffic in Boise, the four one-lane construction backups and the at least seven stops to satisfy stomaches, bladders and gas tanks. Can we guess how fast we were going when the freeway was clear?
5. Being viciously cut-off by a large semi just in time to be stuck behind him during a very large stretch of road that allowed only one lane of traffic made me think of words my grandmother taught me while playing poker. Then being stuck behind this same semi for almost an hour as he went 45 in a 65 made me grateful my two Deaf passengers never heard what was muttered.
6. My sister gets married in three days and I still need shoes, a hair appointment and a Maid of Honor speech.
7. A recent requirement for me to swallow my pride was more painful than my weeklong struggle with my kidney stone.
8. I miss my Villa friends!!

I confess.

No comments: