Friday, September 23, 2005

Little Bunny Foo Foo

Today I went to pick up one of my students from class
and on the way to my room she asked, "Do you like
bunnies?"
"Yes, I do."
"Well, I have a dead one... here... look!"
And in her hand was a little, gray and very dead
bunny. She smooshed it and petted it's little dead
head and hid it back in her sleeve. I heard an echo
of "pretty bird... pretty bird" in the back of my head
and I tried not to heave.
"How about you go sit in my office and I'll be right
back?"
"Okay."
I went over to our psych person and brought her in to
talk about the dead bunny, where she got it and how to
deal with it. They decided that the psych person
would throw it away and that the girl would have to
forego show and tell that day.

Ew.

I made the girl wash her hands. I washed my hands
(even though I never touched it) then disinfected the
table where it sat and my desk where she set it and
then washed my hands again. And again.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I found your blog by clicking through about a billion links from Leah Vanessa's blog...which was in turn found through a billion other clicks.

What can I say..I'm a clicker.

Thats a great story...sounds like ibn your line of work you've got a million!

Did you manage to get the dead bunny smell off your hands?