Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Mickey D's

I got up really, really early this morning in order to attend a faculty meeting at 7:15 am. But when I got there, nobody else was. There was no meeting. And I didn't have to be back to work until 8am.

So I went to McDonalds to get breakfast.

I didn't want to because I only had my debit card and I refuse to go to McDonald's unless I have cash because McDonald's charges this ridiculous "50 cent transaction fee" that I just can't be okay with. Because nobody else does it. So why would McDonald's? I'm sure they're just pocketing the extra 50 cents for each card swipe and I'll have none of that!

But I was hungry. And it was really early. And I deserved a greasy, sausage and egg McMuffin with cheese.

So I went and winced as I handed over my debit card. But guess what?

No fee.

Free at last! Free at last!

No comments: