Friday, January 27, 2006

More Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

My kids picked a book for me to read to them. It's called "More Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" and I remember reading the original "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" when I was a pre-teen in pansy denial. The stories terrified me and it was the first book I didn't finish.

But I'm 25 now. I'm a big girl. And I would be reading it in a lighted classroom. No biggie. And when I started to read the stories it was hard for me not to laugh. The stories were so lame! I couldn't believe these stories had ever made me feel scared.

What I really couldn't believe, though, was that I had a long night of nightmares that night. All night long vampires and zombies were chasing me. Also, at one point Superman showed up wearing his regular attire excpet it was loose-fitting and sequined. And Lois and I were friends. And Perry died. And Superman was evil and trying to kill me.

Did I mention I had been watching season two of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman?

3 comments:

kat said...

what??

the same girl who has a picture of a "monster's inc" character on her blog had nightmares from a children's book?

i won't believe it!

Chester B. said...

Yeah, the stories aren't as scary as the illustrations.
Man, those creepy stringy illustrations still give me the heeby jeebies...

Nama said...

geez, never read any of the "goosebumps" books to your kids...they might give you a heart attack...