Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Upgraded


I'm currently driving around a black 2006 Toyota Rav 4. My car's in the shop (you remember my little parking lot incident) and the other guy's insurance is also covering a rental for me while my little car is under the knife.

I waited for over an hour for Enterprise to drive three blocks to pick me up from the shop. And the guy felt bad. So he did something for me. With a sly smile, he said, "Insurances only cover little, compact cars but since I kept you waiting I'll upgrade you to a Rav 4 for free!"

I smiled, nodded and offered a weak thanks. Because I had no idea what he meant by "Rav 4". Then he realized that the car wasn't ready yet so he kept me waiting for another fifteen minutes.

He felt bad for making me wait again and so he gave me a quarter tank of gas for free and pointed to the Rav 4. It was beautful. And large. Very, very large. "Wow, thanks buddy. A free gas guzzler that will allow a single girl like me to fit four kids, all of their friends and enough camping gear, sporting equipment, beach stuff and snacks to last the entire summer."

"You're welcome!"

But it really is pretty. I'm more than a little bit in love. I'm searching my brain for more errands to run just so I'll have another excuse to take my new, temporary friend for a drive.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Noooooo!!!! Embrace the green my dear recycling friend. No SUVs! They're killing the planet faster than your mom's gas is causing the ice-caps to melt!

Nama said...

it IS a pretty sweet car. i'm a little in love, too. road trip to parawan!!

Anonymous said...

Well my dear Em, you can come visit your fav schnockerdoodle in PG in your new ride. ;)

Kimberly said...

They're big? I rode in a Rav 4 once and thought it was tiny.

http://www.tengeneza.com/rav4ken/rav-home.htm

They must be making the newer ones a lot bigger, or maybe they have different sizes.

Well, at least you have a nice car to drive around for a while. I hope yours is fixed soon.