Saturday, February 17, 2007

Talk Like a Man

I sound like a guy. I lost my voice on Tuesday (at least I lost the feminine portion of my voice on Tuesday) and it still hasn't decided to come home. My throat doesn't hurt at all. It's kind of scratchy and dry. But it doesn't hurt. So nothing kept me from doing my regular amount of oral reading and lecturing all week in the classroom. (Although it would be hard to convince somebody that I've never had a cigarette in my life.)

On Thursday I apologized to one of my classes. "Sorry, guys. I don't know why I still sound like a guy. You'll just have to deal with it I guess."

One of my students replied, "That's okay Miss Hansen. You usually have a little girl's voice. Now you just sound grown up."

"Oh... thanks."

3 comments:

Leah said...

I like how kids can relate to you. You look like them, you sound like them. It's great. You'll never age.

Nama said...

hehe...

kat said...

it's your sexy phlegm.