Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fried Worms

Last Friday, I got some bad news. A family friend had been murdered the night before. That was sad. And disturbing. On the same night I learned that my mom was having a particular complication as well. A litigation has been sparked. That makes me nervous. Later that same night, one of the security guards that patrols the docks where I live hit on me. And not in a smooth, cute way. In a creepy-now-I'm-scared-to-walk-the-dock kind of way. On Tuesday during lunch, I learned that my friend died in his sleep. I thought I would be okay. I wasn't. They made me go home and I drove to Renton. That night Taquito woke me up at 4:30 am puking. That was gross. On Wednesday after work while walking my dogs and scooping up the doodie, what was left of Taquito's flu made me dry heave as I bagged it and then Chalupa's doodie was wriggling. I hung up with my mom and called the vet which warranted yet another drive up to Renton. $145 later Chalupa was tapeworm free. And I just had to laugh because why wouldn't my dog's poop move on a week like this?

Also, I have two cavities.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Great. Now I'm dry heaving.

Nama said...

wow. well, at least you don't have the tapeworm. :/

Kirsten said...

grrrr. lets bury negative energy man far away from Emily.

I prescribe a trip to the happy place to get goodness--7-11 and slurpee respectively.

this thinking worked on m in HS maybe it still works now?

kat said...

i cannot think of a comment to do justice to this post.

Leah said...

I think you need a vacation... to Arizona.

Emily said...

HEY EM! I am so sorry to hear about all that ---you do need a vacation! A good one! It was so good to see you at Sar's wedding! I think you are so funny and just simply awesome! KIT! My blog is www.warnickfamily.blogspot.com
Love ya
ps I love the names of your (assumedly) dogs!

Ali said...

When it rains it pours!
I'm sorry for the rough times!