Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Dentist:
Mom: Remember that after school today we're going to the dentist.
Young Emily: Okay.
Later that day at the dentist's...
Dentist: Why hello there! How's my favorite patient?
Em: Good.
Dentist: Alright, if you'll just put this mask on and breathe deep, we'll get started.
Em: We've never used this mask before. What's it for?
Dentist: (Pretends not to hear me)
Em: (Puts mask on and breathes deep... falls asleep)
A bit later...
Em: (wakes up with gauze in my mouth) What??
Dentist: Great! My favorite patient's awake! How are you feeling?
Em: Uh...
Dentist: Here, let me change that gauze for you...
Em: (sees bloody gauze and panics)
Dentist: You're okay. You did great!
Em: What happened?
Dentist: You just had some baby teeth that needed to be removed... let's take you out to the lobby to see your mom and get a surprise...
Em: Okay...
Mom: There you are! How do you feel?
Em: Like I'm missing four teeth!
Mom: Such a good patient!
Em: Why didn't you tell me that he was going to take out four of my teeth. I needed those teeth.
Mom: I did tell you.
Em: No you didn't.
Mom: Sure I did.
Em: I would have remembered something like that!
Mom: Well, I guess you didn't!
Em: Whatever. Let's go.

No comments: