Friday, February 07, 2003

Grocery stores... I have a serious dislike for grocery stores. It could be for one of these three reasons...
1- I really hate the thought of having to buy food which will either be quickly eaten or will be found on the bottom drawer of the fridge a month later in an indescribable brown glob. It's like eating money. However, I don't mind so much buying food at restaurants. Maybe I just hate buying food when I have to prepare it myself. Bitter...
2- You usually shop at the local grocery store and so you're bound to run into at least one, if not several, people you know. It always ends up being not so much your best friend but the guy or neighbor you've been working so hard to avoid. This turns a quick run for eggs into an hour and a half reevaluation of why you EVER leave your house.
3- When I was four... or five... I was walking next to my mother at the grocery store, jumping from tile to tile in an obnoxious four (or five) year old way. I looked up to see a lady staring at me. I smiled but she didn't smile back. She scared me so I looked to find my mother who had now moved a few yards ahead of me and began my tile hop game again in order to catch up with her. But did I catch up? Almost... but no. Right before I reached her I looked behind me just in time to see psycho-lady running with her shopping cart right for me. WHAM! She hit me with her cart, I fell to the ground crying and she ran off out of the store and into her car... apparently the stocker boy couldn't catch her. I was left with a broken leg and weeks of sitting in one place since my mother refused to carry me unless it was to the bathroom. (Although my best friend did come over on several occasions with crayons and coloring books. Cute Sarah!)
Take your pick for the reason behind it... but I hate grocery stores.

No comments: