Friday, April 30, 2004

I Got Nothin'

I've been thinking all week about writing a new blog. Something mildly entertaining and yet informative. Some small anecdote that would also allow me to brag about my trip to Hollywood to see American Idol. But I just couldn't do it. It turns out that not only am I not entertaining, I also have nothing of value or interest in which to inform my mass audience. Go figure. And so I resort to lists of events that will be, I'm sure, about as entertaining as my grocery list.

Monday
*packed and dawdled until noon
*drove to Hollywood, CA with Liz and Camille
*stayed in sketchy hotel with a half constructed room and the risk of a construction worker barging in at any time

Tuesday
*slept in, watched the last quarter of Drumline, checked out of sketchy hotel
*drove around Hollywood, hunted for the Hollywood sign and the stars
*walked Hollywood Blvd in the 95 degree weather... ah... summer at last
*went to studio to watch American Idol, sat in the middle section, four rows behind the judges and Gloria Estefan
*watched as Simon poked Paula until Paula turned to him and said, "Stop it!" only to have Simon retort with the infamous, "What? I didn't do anything." This happened over and over. It was like watching two elementary children flirting.
*stayed longer to watch an extra taping of a special episode of American Idol that will air on Monday.
*left for Provo right after we got out, drove through the night

Wednesday
*pulled into Provo around 7am
*showered, napped, prayed for death
*got up around 11am to go to work
*did nothing as children poked me and put things on my head
*talked to Heather, had a delightful conversation. i love her.
*went to heather's birthday party, left early with intention of going to bed early
*stayed up talking until after 1am

Thursday
*woke up early and went to work
*did nothing as children poked me and put things on my head
*stayed after work for some stupid meeting, made stupid comments that made co-workers laugh and supervisor glare, still can't remember what I said.
*moved some stuff from 59 to 65
*went home early with intention of going to bed early
*threw yellow volleyball around living room and giggled my campy giggle
*stayed up talking until well after 1am

Friday
*woke up early and went to work
*did nothing as children poked me and put things on my head
*got off work at 1pm
*moved rest of stuff from 59 to 65, cleaned like mad for check-out
*ate and showered
*went to David and Brandi's wedding reception in Bountiful
*ignored crowd of people outside my apartment with intention of going to bed early
*typing this sorry excuse for a blog instead
*talked to Heather until 2am, had a delightful conversation, had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. i love her.

No comments: