Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My Big Fat Toe

I had to go in for another ingrown toenail surgery today. But it wasn't with the regular doctor I liked. Because my BYU Health Insurance wouldn't cover it. It was at the BYU Health Center. With some guy I didn't trust and who swung his sharp cutting tools around like an overconfident gunslinger about to shoot his own foot. So instead of paying $70 with the guy I like and trust, I spent a $10 co-pay and $37 on medications and powders I'm sure I don't need. I'll also be paying another $10 in two weeks for a check-up that I'm sure I don't need either. So what did I save? About $13 and a trip to SL. What did it cost? My faith in BYU for deciding that students didn't deserve a doctor that's actually gone to medical school, and my feeling of safety when within a mile radius of that place.

No comments: