Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Miracle

My principle came into my office today, handed me an envelope and made me initial a list he had.
"Do you know about the (insert random term here)?"
"No."
"Oh. Well... ask somebody about it. Enjoy."
And he left.

I opened the envelope and inside was a US Bank gift card with a large sum of money (by my perspective). I thought maybe it was money for my classroom so I pushed it to the edge of my desk and made a mental note to ask my mentor about it later.

After school, I talked to my lead coordinator. She said the money was mine. Something about getting bonuses for attending workshops and it being government money yadda yadda yadda. I don't know. I couldn't make it out. All that matters is that now I have money where a few hours ago I had none. And I can buy Christmas presents when just a few hours ago I was contemplating if I had enough money for construction paper and glue. Hurray!

A Christmas Miracle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Festivus Miracle!

Nama said...

hooray! now go buy me something...

Leah said...

Yippee! I'm happy for you! I'm too broke to buy gas! And there's no such thing as bonuses where I work!

kat said...

good work.

Erika said...

you give me hope