Wednesday, November 30, 2005

At Last

Yesterday I ate pumpkin pie.

You have no idea what a big deal this was. I have been craving pumpkin pie since Thanksgiving when it came to that point in the meal when we were supposed to eat it (it was on the shopping list!) and instead got a chocolate frosted brownie. I love chocolate brownies. But it was Thanksgiving. I needed pumpkin pie. Duh.

So I dragged Jay and Lisa from grocery store to grocery store, from restaurant to restaurant trying to find anybody that was open and had some pie. But nobody was open. Because it was Thanksgiving.

The next day I tried again. Surely, there would be plenty of discounted pumpkin pie the day after Thanksgiving. But there wasn't. Not one. So I bought pumpkin pie ice cream. And thought it would satisfy the lust. But it didn't. (Although it was very good.)

Obviously something had to be done. So, on Monday I went to Macey's and bought a small pumpkin pie and some whipped topping (a necessary companion) and brought it home. I planned on eating a large piece that night. But I was hungry and realized that my stomach so far contained only 2 Diet Pepsis and a Handi-Snack that I had found at the bottom of my backpack around 10am. I needed food.

I went to Taco Bell and waited through 5 songs (almost 20 minutes) for a pimply high-schooler to throw 5 ingredients together that would be my "real food dinner." By the time I got it, my stomach had actually turned inside out and had started eating my kidneys and liver so I had to scarf the food down as quickly as possible in order to save my other internal organs.

So I was full. Too full for pie.

TOO FULL FOR PIE!!

I had to wait...

The next day (yesterday in case the time lapse was hard to follow) I ran home during my lunch break, ate a few tortilla chips and then went in for the kill. I ate a large piece of the small pie with a large gallop of whipped topping. And it was good. Very good.

At last.

8 comments:

Nama said...

aaaaatt laaaassst,
my piiiiee has come along...

kat said...

man! now i'm craving a brownie.
a gallop of brownie.

Ann-Marie said...

that was a close one!

Leah said...

I feel your pain. I had pumpkin, but I've been craving apple pie for a month. I still haven't gotten my hands on any.

Jon said...

You know what I've been craving? Thai sesame chicken. For, like, six months. Anyone game?

Jay said...

When Em said she dragged Lisa and I store to store, she meant that literally. We were bound hand and foot and tied to the car. Talk about road rash. I will forever be thankful for Pumpkin flavored ice cream for taming the beast within. Otherwise, I'm sure Lisa and I would still be attached to that vehicle.

Erika said...

I want a brownie too.

Leah said...

Jon, I'm game. You just gotta come to me.