Monday, January 19, 2009

Chalupa

One year ago today I drove all the way across the Sound to "look" at Chelsea, a dog I had seen on www.petfinder.com (thanks a lot, Kat!) and ended up bringing her home with me.  I had brought my mom along because she didn't think I needed another dog and I figured she could be my voice of reason.  Because she was right.  I didn't need another dog.



But the little dog, all skin and bones, immediately kissed my face  when I met her and just wanted to be held.  And when Taquito came in they were instant best buds.  My mom dug out a pen for me and I signed for her and brought her home the same night.





The vet guessed she was about a year old when I took her in the next day and they needed an estimated birth date for vet records so I decided her adoption day would be a good day.  I dubbed her Chalupa, enrolled her in obedience classes and she's been the most delightful little pain ever since.




I blogged about my dog's birthday.  That just happened!!

6 comments:

Leah said...

That did just happen. I like it.

kat said...

dogs getting a bath photos will always be funny.

Spliz said...

awww. you could almost turn me into a dog person.

almost.

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I miss you! And you're little dog is adorable. It's true-- almost cute enough to turn me into a dog person. Hope you're doing well!

Cracka Chips said...

Oh Em, I miss you...and your little Dogs Too!

I'm not sure if I'm proud or sad about the dog blog(leaning to the proud.) But rest assured i was indeed moved. Look at those little faces in the bathtub!

Kirsten said...

ok I need a dog bathtub photo.