Tuesday, October 14, 2003

James' Uncle

James is six years old and one of the two boys I take out to the playground each day during PE. He's also the boy that ran away a few weeks ago. James is small and comparitively strange. On our way out to the playground the other day, James shared some valuable advice.

James: Will you give me an underdog?
Me: Sure.
James: We'd better do it on the big swings. Because if you do it on the small swings then maybe I'd swing all the way around the bar. And then I'd get hurt.
Me: Good point.
James: My dad's brother did that and his neck got caught and wrapped around the chain and his head came off and he died.
Me: Ew. Sorry to hear that.

A few moments pass as we walk to the big swings...
James: Actually, that didn't happen to my dad's brother.
Me: Oh...?

A few more moments pass as we approach the swings...
James: Actually, I don't even think my dad has a brother.
Me: Interesting...

No comments: