Tuesday, December 21, 2004

What It's Like To Be 24

My Birthday was on Sunday. But since it officially started on Thursday with our dinner at Olive Garden, I begin here. So far, being 24 has included...
  • One delightful meal with wonderful friends including some game that involved me getting hit in the head with my presents and giving out compliments or wishes or something
  • One equally delightful Italian woman who reminded me how utterly lucky I was to have so many friends who loved me
  • One red-eye flight to Seattle and a very generous roommate for making the drive to the airport with me
  • Seeing my Julie and five beautiful babies
  • Having my family birthday dinner cancelled because my mom didn't feel like it, but getting to go see a movie with Julie which is really what I wanted to do anyway
  • Spending over $25 on medication for my two-week long cold
  • Getting over that cold on Sunday morning
  • Going to church and seeing so many friendly faces from my childhood
  • Eating dinner at my parents' house
  • My grandma asking over and over if it was my birthday
  • My grandma, in a moment of clarity, asked how old I was... I told her I was 24. She gasped, smiled at me and said, "I got married when I was 24! This could be your year!" (Even my senile grandmother has it out for me.)
  • Watching Super Size Me
  • Getting the Flu (Double Badness... I won't go into details)
  • Having poor Julie take care of me as I lay useless on her couch for over 24 hours
  • Having my Sarah come over with a birthday present and a reminder that I was missing out on making gingerbread cookies (I'd better still get to eat one later this week!)

Which brings me to today. Tuesday. I like Tuesday. And I feel good. I think I'll go shopping...

No comments: