Sunday, February 26, 2006

Oops. I Did It Again.

February 3rd. That was the date of my blogiversary. Yep, I started this sucker on February 3, 2003. And I forgot. Again. My little baby has grown into a destructive toddler. I have officially closed the door on the "Terrible Twos" and have opened the door to the "Maybe Something Less Terrible Threes". Don't worry. It's a working title. I'm open to suggestions. As long as nothing in the title rhymes with the word "three" because I don't know if I can handle it. Something with the "th" sound might be appropriate. Just a suggestion.

My point is, my blog is getting older. Like me. And I think that maybe it needs a little something. Maybe an official mascot. Or a poster child. Perhaps a list of testimonials from some of my fans about how my blog has changed your life. Preferably for the better. But I'm not picky.

Or maybe, just maybe, I could start a Weekly Dear Emmy post. I'd give you the opportunity to email me with your deep-rooted very serious life questions. I would then choose one each week, post it on my blog and respond in a way that would make you wonder if I actually read your email at all and leave you to ponder placing me under professional supervision. Which would, of course, make your problems look not so deep-rooted and serious any more because at least your life is comparitively normal and you can more fully value your stronger grip on reality. See? I'm helping.

Happy Birthday, Blog!

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Dear Emmy,

How can I ever become as cool as you?

Lacking the Coolness

P.S. Happy Birthday Blog-O-Em! You have brought me coutless hours of entertainment at joy!

kat said...

testimonial:
em's blog always talks about how it doesn't hate freaks and how one of it's favorite commenters is a freak.

i think it might mean me!

Nama said...

testimonial:
one day, i found em's blog, and it changed...part of me. because em, you complete...part of me...

Leah said...

I love Em. And that is all. Well not really all, cuz I love her a lot. But that's pretty much it.