Monday, October 06, 2008

Good Point
 
Sarah brought up a good point.  I neglected to brag about my new nephew in my make-up post.  So here it goes...
 
My new nephew, Brayden Lee Cretin, was born a little over a month ago on Sept. 3rd.  He's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen!  He weighed only 5 lbs 3 oz when he was born but he was very healthy and is doing great!
 
At a month old, he's not talking or doing backflips or anything yet but I am whole heartedly convinced that he's a genius.  He's holding his head up already and has quite a grip on things that are important to him (food mostly).  Also, he makes the Zoolander face all the time.  So at least he'll have a modeling career in his future if nothing else.
 
His dad reads to him every day out of the Thunderbirds stat book and so far he hasn't missed a Seahawks game so he's learning all the players and a few choice words (the season's not going well, kids!) from the audience.  He attended about five Mariners games in the womb and watched them lose their 100th game this season so he'll be a true fan because he's already seen them at their worst.  This means I'll always have a little companion when it comes to rooting for my favorite teams.
 
He dresses really well.  I understand that he doesn't have a say in this yet.  But that doesn't make him less of a good dresser.  It just makes him awesome.  And don't worry, I bought him Mickey Mouse ears while I was in Disneyland.  I'll be sure to take pictures.
 
Another thing about this kid, he's really mellow.  He has a "chill" way of life that I can really get behind.  Even when my sister's huge German Shepard/Ikita mix dog gets in his grill and sneaks a lick in, he's chill.  I like that about him.
 
 
 
Condo Update
I didn't have to work at all this weekend so I got to work on my condo.  Julie came over on Saturday and helped me add texture to my walls to make them all look the same and to make it look purposeful instead of the wonderful disaster it was before.  Yesterday when the mud was dry I went back and put on two coats of primer to even out the color and almost attempted to fix some electrical wiring myself before my mom stopped me and told me to wait for somebody that knew how to do it.  I felt okay about that because there were a lot of wires and they were all different colors back there.  I don't think I'm ready for that yet.  Today after work I'll go back again and paint it yellow.  I'm nervous now, though, that I made a bad color choice.  The yellow in my closet looks awesome but I'm concerned it will be too bright for my bedroom.  Maybe I should have gone with a light blue or lavendar.  I don't know.  On the other hand I really don't care.  I'd paint it black if it meant I got to move in there tomorrow.  So... yellow it is!

5 comments:

Leah said...

I think your nephew and my niece should grow up and get married. And I say, rock the yellow walls. If you hate it, hang A LOT of pictures... it'll help cover it up. If you need pictures, I'll send you 300 or so of me.

Kirsten said...

we are going to put some yellow on our walls!!! yellow will help you feel happy.

Nama said...

em: is it the blue wire, or the red wire?! GAH!!

[insert explosive noise here]

Leah said...

Squirt. Ha ha. I think you should write a random post and use the word "squirt" as often as possible and see what happens.

Em said...

I think so too! I could be famous!