Thursday, February 19, 2004

Three Years

I went to a meeting today informing me on how to go about getting a post-baccalaureate license in special education teaching. It seemed like a good idea going in. Until she said that it was a three year commitment. Five semesters (45 credits) at BYU and then a two year commitment after that to use it and teach in Utah. That's when I flipped out. It just wasn't for me. I didn't want to be tied down here.

But why?

I thought about that for a long time. Well, not that long. But it seemed like a long time because I don't use my thinking parts very often and I'm apparantly really out of shape. My point is though, I realized that as much as there's nothing holding me here... there's nothing drawing me any place else either. I have no family, nothing to go to and nowhere to be. There isn't anybody looking for me. And so why not commit myself to something? I was planning on commiting myself to graduate school. What's the big deal transferring that commitment to something else?

And so today I printed out the application and started filling it out.

I guess it's finally time to get that Utah license and plates.

No comments: