Monday, October 24, 2005

Mountain Time

I made the trip back from Seattle in twelve hours. I was cookin'. I was exhausted and smelly so I took a shower and then crawled into bed.

It was a rough night. It took me a while to fall asleep and it was a tossy and turny kind of night. When my alarm clock went off at 7am I didn't know where I was. Was I in Seattle? Where's Shelby and Preston? Was I in Utah? Is this my bed?

When I finally caught a hold of reality I jumped up and started getting ready for the day. I was replying to an email when I looked up at the right hand corner of my iBook and it said 8:30. 8:30? What's wrong with my computer? I looked at the wall. 8:30. 8:30!!

And then it dawned on me. I use my cell phone for my alarm clock. I turned my cell phone over to Pacific Time while I was in Seattle. And then forgot to change it back to Mountain Time!

I was wearing my work pants and my pajama top. No make-up. Hair in a ratty pony tail. Didn't care. I grabbed my purse and ran for my car. I was supposed to be at work at 8. The kids come in at 8:30. When I got there, they were waiting for me in my mentor teacher's room. I went in and picked them up and brought them to my class.

"Where were you? I've never had a TEACHER late before!"

Shut up.

6 comments:

Jay said...

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME !!!

Emily A. said...

ahh! I wish I could have seen you while you were in Seattle. Dude! You are da bomb diggist...and you are teaching too. woot!

Leah said...

Ha ha! I had a lot of teachers over the years who were late. Those were always my favorite teachers.

kat said...

your kids don't know about the 20 minute rule yet, do they?
where if the teacher is 20 minutes late you get to leave?

Em said...

nope. and i was only 7 minutes late. suckers.

Kirsten said...

way to book it em!!!