Friday, October 20, 2006

It's The Great Praxis, Emmy Lou Who


I got my Praxis results back today. This is the test that another new special ed teacher told me that out of her graduating class (from WSU) of 200, only 2 of them passed it the first time. That's a 1% pass rate. Not good. When I went to take the test, on stand-by, the others there had all failed it once (or twice) and were there trying again.

I had a lot riding on this test, too. If I failed, I would most likely lose my job since a passing score is required to obtain a Washington State Teaching Certificate. Until I get that certificate, I'll be paid as a para-educator. As soon as I get it, I'll be paid retroactively up to my agreed upon salary. So to recap... failing grade = no job, poverty. Passing grade = money, job.

So you can imagine that I was shaking a little bit when I found a letter from ETS in my mailbox this afternoon. Inside was the document on the left. There is a possible 200 points and I got... 200 points. A perfect score! Looks like I'll be paying my rent, eating AND buying a new skirt!

Welcome home, money. Did you miss me?

Also, I watched "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" tonight. Jealous?

Furthermore, I watched "1 vs 100" tonight for the second time. I don't know if I can watch it anymore, though, because it makes me depressed. Because it shows how stupid Americans are and it makes me embarrassed that it's so flamboyantly displayed. They roped in poor Ken Jennings who has proven that the camera adds at least ten observable pounds to a person's boredom as well. Tonight, a man won thousands of dollars because he knew that Cindy Lou Who was the name of the child from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Or at least he could pick it out of an A, B, or C multiple-choice line-up. Genius.

It's The Great Praxis, Emmy Lou Who!

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

you are my hero!
i'm glad that life is looking up a bit!!

Nama said...

you are a gen-ius!! congrats on your genius-ness & new-found money!! can i put you as a reference on my resume under the title, "Genius I know"?

Leah said...

You're the smartest crazy person I ever met... Next to the Rainman.