Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Salmon Days


Last weekend I went to Salmon Days in Issaquah. Little Shelby was in the parade for Girl Scouts. She was dressed as a Do-Si-Do cookie. Kind of precious. I also saw a ton of people I haven't seen in forever. It was kind of like being at a giant neighborhood BBQ. Happiness. I hadn't been to Salmon Days since the last time I was actually in the parade. I think I was a high school sophomore.

It's also kind of an interesting experience to grow up some place, move away and then come back because when you come back you suddenly realize that a lot of the things you took for granted as normal actually... aren't. For example, almost everything in the parade had to do with The Puget Sound, Recycling or (of course) Salmon. We are sea-life and environment obsessed. And I love it!

1 comment:

Nama said...

i want to be a do-si-do cookie when i grow up.