Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Baby Boy goes home today. I woke up early and in a panic this morning. "What if I leave too late and he misses his flight?" "What if we both sleep in so late that we don't get to spend any time together on his last day here?" "What if he didn't have a good time and his opinion of me has been altered?" "What am I sending him home to?" I'm a freak.

"I was freakin' out! I was just freakin' out! Were you freakin' out? Are you freakin' out? I'm freakin' out!"

But the time with my Baby Boy was good I think. We got to talk about things that never come up in IM conversations. And hanging out with the Deafies on Sunday was ridiculously amusing for me. Here's my favorite Testimony Clip...

Wayne's friend, Dante, who went to EFY with him this year...

"Hi. My name's Dante and I went to EFY this last week. I had a lot of fun. I was really popular! I mean, all the girls were coming up to me and asking, 'What's your name? What's your name?' I don't remember any of their names because there were so many. I was really popular. And then at the dance all the girls wanted me to dance with them, but hello! I'm Deaf. But I danced with them anyways. I was really good. And they kept asking me to dance. And then they announced a Break Dance Competition. I didn't hear the announcement because I'm Deaf but all these girls and other people kept telling me I should join so I did. I'm Deaf and I don't know how to dance. But I made some stuff up and I won first place. See? I was really popular."

I was really grateful that the majority of the congregation was Deaf because I was laughing pretty hard. Man... I wish I were that popular. Hehehe...

And also, I love my Baby Boy.

No comments: