Friday, August 08, 2003

I think I must have only two facial expressions. I don't know what they are. All I know is that sad, mad, disappointed, tired and sick all must have the same expression because they all get the same responses.

"Are you mad?"
"No. Tired." (But really disappointed.)
"Tired and sad?"
"No."
"Just tired."

Sure. I lied. (Kind of. I really was tired.) But if they all have the same expression, does it really matter? Do I really have to go into why I'm disappointed when I can just write it off as being tired? And does this mean that when I'm tired there are people thinking, "Man, what's she so mad about?" Or "I wonder what happened to make her so sad?"

And if I only have one facial expression for all of those then happy, excited, grateful, etc must all have the same expression as well. Maybe if my facial expressions were more clearly defined I wouldn't have to worry about people thinking I'm mad when I'm just disappointed or have to explain that I'm not sad and still not be believed.

Is there a way to get more facial expressions? Or maybe I can just go down to one. That way nobody will know how I'm feeling. Ever. And I can say whatever I want (or nothing at all) about how I'm feeling and they can't dispute it. Except then maybe people would think I just don't feel at all. That wouldn't be okay. Man, I guess I need more facial expressions.

"I feel............ cold."

No comments: