Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Entertaining Two Teenage Deaf Boys for Ten Days

My seventeen-year-old brother and his little friend, Chris, are both coming down to visit me in August. I told them they could come for a week. They added on an extra weekend without letting me know beforehand. I still feel good about it. My mom called today in a bit of a frenzy (a bit early in the game for a frenzy but I'm willing to work with it) because she didn't know how much money she should tell Chris' mom to give him. She wanted to know in detailed form what kind of activities we would do and how much it would cost. She told me to keep in mind that the boys get bored easily and that I should plan on a lot of activities. This is what I sent to my parents...

Lagoon
$31.95 + tax
(Parking is $7)

Seven Peaks
$18.50 + tax
(Parking is $2)

BYU Bowling (please have the boys bring their own shoes)
Mon - Thurs before 5
$2.40/game
Mon - Thurs after 5
$2.70/game
Fri - Sat before 5
$2.65/game
Fri - Sat after 5
$2.95/game

Nicklecade
$2.25 admission fee
$0.05 for each game

Movie Theater (There's a Deaf Night 2x/wk at a local theater with CC)
$4.50 before 5pm
$7.50 after 5pm

Spending Ten Days With My Baby Boys?
Priceless

That comes to a little over $70 for these activites (if we played four games of bowling before 5pm on a weekday, brought $5 of nickles for the nicklecade, went one time to each park and to one matinee movie). Which I'm guessing will be enough to entertain them for 2.5 days. :o) Also, please keep in mind that they are capable of eating more food than I eat in a year. Asking me to pay for their appetite is like asking me to pay to solve world hunger. (a.k.a. Please send money for food.)


Hurray for time with the baby boy! The Big Sister Taxi will be leaving daily for new adventures. You may call apartment 65 or my cell phone to make reservations to join the Sista Summer Club. (Brothas welcome.)

No comments: