Saturday, June 26, 2004

My Life

My life gets weirder and weirder every day. Maybe Liz is right and I get weirder and weirder every day. But whether the egg or the chicken came first, they both happily coexist. Let's take Friday for example.

Ring! Ring!

I rolled over in my bed to look at my clock. It was well after 9am. Embarrassed about sleeping in so late I sat up, gave a few throat-clearing "ahems" and answered the phone.

"Hello?"
"Hi, Em?"
"Ya..." I tried to sound cheerful and awake.
"This is Chris and I was just wondering if you would rub aloe on my back."
"What?"
"Ya, my roommates usually do it but apparantly they caught on because they're all gone. If I come over, will you do it?"
"Uh... of course. Come on over."

Did Chris really just randomly call me up to ask if I would rub aloe on his back or am I still dreaming? I'd better get up and look presentable (a.k.a. wipe the dried drool off my face) before he gets here.
Was it a dream? No. He came over with his aloe and I rubbed it on for him to try to prevent peeling. My work here is done.

A few hours later...

Ring! Ring!

"Hello?"
"Hi, Em?" It was Chris.
"Ya..."
"Would it be possible for you to take me to Gunnies so that I can buy a cowboy hat?"
"Right now?"
"Ya... we're leaving for the rodeo."
"Well, I'm taking Ann-Marie on some errands... I suppose we could stop at Gunnies..."
"Great!"

A few hours later... on the way to Gunnies... with Ann-Marie, Chris and Duard...

"Thanks a lot for taking me to Gunnies. I just really want a hat for the rodeo."
"No problem."
"Ya, I already have my cowboy shirt. So all I need to get now is a hat, a big belt buckle and a Spiderman costume."
"What??"
"Huh?"
"What do you need a Spiderman costume for? Do you own any normal clothes?"
"Hehehe... well, I'm taking a date to see Spiderman 2 next weekend and we're going to dress up."
"That's a great idea! I think that every Saturday our ward should go to the dollar theater and dress up as characters."
"Yes!!"

Maybe it's just my life with Chris that gets weirder and weirder. No, that can't be it.

No comments: