Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Mac and Cheese

I do not like Mac and Cheese. It's true. There was a time, of course, when I did. When I would beg my parents for it. Dream of it. At least, I'm assuming there was a time like that. I can't remember. All I can remember is mounds and mounds of Mac and Cheese. We were poor and Mac and Cheese was cheap. So we ate Mac and Cheese. A lot. Mac and Cheese with tuna. Mac and Cheese with Cream of Chicken. Mac and Cheese with extra cheese. Mac and Cheese with tuna and extra cheese. Mac and Cheese with tuna and Cream of Chicken. Mac and Cheese with Cream of Chicken and extra cheese. And on special occasions, Mac and Cheese with tuna, Cream of Chicken and extra cheese. Oh, I do not like Mac and Cheese.

When I went away for college my parents bought me a present. A giant case of Mac and Cheese from Costco. I didn't eat that year. I had had enough of Mac and Cheese.

No comments: