Friday, June 11, 2004

Work Free

I don't have to work tomorrow/today. Yep, I've got Fridays off. It's a beautiful thing and the only reason that I've decided to give up my original in-bed-by-eleven plan and fight it out with my laptop instead. I've won the battle... but I hold out little hope for the war. My computer hates me. I'm guessing that it senses it's own guilt-gift status coupled with disappointment that it will never see a graduate level class. I occasionally tell it to suck it up and point at it with disdain, threatening to sell it to some sucker and buy new clothes instead. There are other times that I try being the good cop and attempt to convince it that it still has value even though I really only use it to write meaningless blogs like this one, read/send email and watch Strongbad kick Homestar. Over and over. Important stuff. I've decided that my patience with this machine makes me some kind of hero since I have not yet taken it to the third floor and chucked it down onto the sidewalk below. A vision that brings joy to my heart and has brought me comfort in the last couple of weeks that this stubborn beast has refused to turn on at all. Furthermore, I have also decided that one day, when I have enough money to buy a new computer and eat in the same month, that I will find that Dell intern
(in his prison cell) and punish him further by giving him this computer as his only means of entertainment. Until he dies.

No comments: