Saturday, July 17, 2004

Chocolate and Shrek
 
So I started my first day at the little chocolate shop.  I loved it!  I'm pretty sure I was trained by an eighteen year old.  She would intermittingly stop to comment on a cute guy that she sees walk by every day, on the creepy guy that works at some chicken restaurant in the mall, about the things in the store she has broken, eaten or given away and about how she only got this job because her sister is the supervisor.  My co-worker was funny.  But the customers were hillarious. 
Customer:  How much is this?
Me:  $9.00.  There's a tag right there in front of it.
Customer:  Oh, how much is this?
Me:  $12.95/lb.  It's right there on the tag
Customer:  Alright.  How much is this?
 
Customer:  (In rude tone) How much is this?
Me:  $12.95/lb.  $13.50 if you want it in a box.
Customer:  Well, how many chocolates is that?
Me:  24
Customer:  And why is the box more?  Is there something special about the box?  Can I eat the box?
Me:  No (but I do have a few ideas about what you can do with that box...)
 
And then I came home.  And I went to the "pool" party at the Villa.  Except the pool was full of acid and could not be swum in.  But I went inside and they were watching Shrek on the big screen.  I saw my Chris on the couch facing the screen so I walked over to him, put my hands on his shoulders, massaged a bit, then leaned down and asked, "So... how you doin'?"  And then he leaned up to where our faces were almost touching to say he was good.  Except at that moment we both realized that we didn't know eachother.  So I said, "Oh, good."  And then walked away to find Kat who informed me that Chris was at the movies with Leah.  Information that would have been helpful to me five minutes ago!  How many times do I have to make mistakes like this before I start making people show me ID before I say hello to them?

No comments: