Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I Believe

Yesterday, in the First Grade I was sitting in the back of the classroom hidden by a book case. Fortunately for me the book case didn't block the sound of this conversation between two of the boys in the back row...
Colson: Did you know that Santa Claus is magic?
Jake: Yeah.
C: Cuz he is.
J: I know.
C: No, really. He really is magic.
J: Duh, okay? I know! I even saw him once!
C: No way! Really?
J: Ya, I was asleep on Christmas Eve and Santa Claus climbed through my window because he couldn't get in the house any other way and when he was climbing in my bedroom window he accidentally stepped on my little sister's squeaky toy and it squeaked and it woke me up and I opened my eyes and I saw him! And he looked surprised and scared that I saw him and ran away.
C: WOAH!!! Really?
J: Ya, it was awesome!
C: I can't believe you actually saw the real Santa Claus!
J: I know. It was really cool.
C: Hey, you guys! Everybody! Jake saw the real Santa Claus! He climbed into his bedroom window on Christmas Eve!
Class: Ooh! Aaw! Woah! Cool! Awesome!!

No comments: