Monday, September 15, 2003

Scaring Kat

Sometimes I scare Kat with no real effort at all. I can appear out of thin air right under her nose. Really. I can. Why? Because Kat's 5'11 and I'm 5'2... okay... 5'1 and, apparantly, I am far below her normal line of vision. If I'm not jumping around or making a lot of noise (which actuallly doesn't happen all that often) then she doesn't see me coming at all! This can be good fun...

Em was in a gray hoodie with the hood up (hey! I was cold!) and I quietly turned the corner to go into the bathroom where Kat was getting ready (sometimes I follow her around.) She didn't say anything to me. I recognized that she didn't know I was there. I hissed at her (I do that. It's true). She screamed and hit me. I laughed.

But it doesn't just happen with Kat. It's happened with Liz and with at least four other wardies over the summer. Most of the time I don't recognize that they can't see me and me startling them startles me all over again. It's a vicious cycle. But one I can get a kick out of every once in a while...

No comments: