Thursday, September 04, 2003

While observing a 3rd day class during their interactive reading time, I did well holding back the laughter at their comments. Until near the end of the lesson when the teacher was reading some of her top pics from yesterday's journal writing.

She read a piece called "Bugs, Bugs, Bugs" written by one of the students sitting on the carpet.

"Slugs are slimey. Grasshoppers are brown or green and they hop. Lady bugs make the best pets ever. I know from experience. I don't like mosquitos. I'd kill one of it was the last thing I did. Unfortunately, it won't be."

"Unless he gets the West Niles Virus!" shouted a student from the back.

I couldn't help it. I snorted with laughter. The kid was funny. 10 points for using the West Niles Virus in a joke. 10 more points for being quick on your feet. Well done. My hat goes off to the sarcastic 3rd grader in the back.

No comments: