Tuesday, May 27, 2003

It's funny how when your focus is on something/someone else, you'll rush into situations (and stay in them for hours) that you usually would avoid like the plague. I spent quite a bit of time in a hospital last night and even chased down doctors/nurses to answer questions. For the most part I was composed and calm. And hopefully I was more of a help to my Liz than an added pain. The fact that I had done that didn't hit me until later, once the van was unloaded and Lisa and I were just walking, when my mind wasn't busy any more. But by that time the hospital was out of the picture and I had no reason to flip out that much. So... next time I see a spider or a gun (or a blue jay??) I'm going to just put my focus somewhere else. And, you know... if my friends really cared about me then they'd just hurt themselves when situations like that came up so that I could easily put my focus/concern there.
Hehe... Big Daddy... "Oh, don't cry! Don't cry! Here, watch!" He threw himself in front of the car and the kid laughed. He forgot why he was so upset in the first place! See? My theory works.

No comments: