Thursday, May 29, 2003

I hadn't heard from my parents in over a week. They usually contact me almost every day. So when they go a while without I get the same feeling I get when I babysit and I haven't heard a child scream for a while... they're up to something... and that something probably isn't good. Usually when the kids get quiet you know there's a mess to clean up. And so it is with my parents. But did I go in and check on them? No. I'm on strike. I let them make the mess.
Oddly enough, though... this time... well, this time they got a new puppy. Them adopting a new puppy is like Adam Sandler adopting that kid on Big Daddy. They already have a dog and three cats. All of which roam the house like gods. My parents forfeit their chairs if an animal wants it. It's sick. I'm telling you. Now they have an added puppy (another Boston Terrier) and even though I know this is probably the best way to go since it will help lessen the blow for my mother when somebody else in the family dies, I know that the house is going to be nastier than ever. Because like children begging for a dog, my parents are overly giddy when a new animal arrives, swears to take care of it, dresses it up and treats it like a baby doll but doesn't clean up after the mess. So, although I'm opposed of any new life entering that house... I have to admit... Boston Terrier puppies are cute and small and I can't wait to meet my new baby "sister"... oh dear...

No comments: