Saturday, May 10, 2003

Today, as I was leaving the scrapbook store, I saw a girl I knew from back home. She's a few years older than me and she always thought of me as being a bit crazy. Partly because I would hang out with her mom who was crazy and partly because I would hang out with her brother who was crazy. Anyway, I saw her coming out of a store and I got so excited that I raced around a corner in the parking lot, pulled past her car while she was backing out, blocked her in, jumped out of my car and screamed, "I know you!" She calmly pulled her car back into her parking spot (it was the only place she could go anyway) and got out of the car. I put my hazard lights on and left it blocking about eight cars in the spaces and the aisle.
"Are you just going to leave your car there?" She looked at me suspiciously.
"Yep. How are you? I was wondering if you were going to stick around for the summer! I haven't seen you all year!"
"Ya..." Suddenly recognition dawns on her face. "Ya! My mom said you were down here."
We talked for a few minutes until I decided I should move my car. As I was leaving I thought... "Wow... no wonder she always thought I was crazy. I really am." It took her a while to recognize me and I laughed as I thought about what must have been going through her mind the first minute or so when this complete stranger who was obviously insane pulled a 007 and jumped from the car pointing and screaming excitedly. It makes sense that she didn't recognize me though. The last time she saw me I was about 30 pounds heavier, had about 2 feet of extra hair and I was wet from the rain. Wow. Thank goodness for change... and automatic steering.

No comments: