Saturday, May 03, 2003

Today at the gym...
25 minutes into my 30 minute runner workout thingy...
Me: (listening to my walkman... my female rage CD... just running along... in place... on the runner workout thingy...)
Random old lady (50?) with weird purple head band: (walks into room and up to my machine. stares and glares.)
Me: (smiles at lady then ignores her and continues to run)
ROL: (rolls her eyes, maybe said something?, goes to treadmill and starts walking)
Me: (runs. looks into mirror and sees ROL staring at me and glaring. smile back. my workout ends...)
ROL: (jumps off of treadmill and rushes to my side)
Me: (start my 5 min cooldown)
ROL: (stands next to me and glares)
Me: (turns down my "female rage" and turns to her.) I'm sorry, are you waiting for this machine?
ROL: (very upset. rolls eyes.) YES! Most people don't go around twice!
Me: Oh, I'm not. You see? I'm on my 5 min cooldown. I have only 4 min left and then I'll be done.
ROL: Most people don't do that! (Rolls eyes again and huffs some heavy breaths.)
Me: (stares in disbelief. is she seriously mad?)
ROL: (glares and huffs and puffs, hands on hips)
Me: Okay. (go back to ignoring ROL. turn up music.)
ROL: (returns to treadmill, staring and glaring until the 4 min were up.)

Apparantly I'm not most people. Thank you Ms. State the Obvious.

What's even funnier, though... If after I had asked her if she was waiting for the machine, she had said, "Yes. Are you about done?" I would have said, "The cooldown's not important. You can have it now." (Goodness knows I was tired enough to quit then anyways.) But just because she was being all bratty I purposely stayed on for the whole cooldown period. Wow, I'm really mature.

No comments: