Monday, May 26, 2003

So it turns out I'm not sleeping. It's been a few weeks now. I'm starting to get cranky. It's not that I'm not tired. I get really tired. Sleeping just doesn't happen. But now... but now it's getting worse because... I have a partner in "not-sleepingness-na-na-na..." It's nice because I'm not just chilling by myself in my room while the rest of the world gets their eight hours in. But I think having a buddy may just be fanning the flame. She's not sleeping, I'm not sleeping, and neither of us wants to go to bed because we should be a good friend and stay up with the other. Or something like that. Besides, when you're tired (and more than a little bit "campy" - which, as a side note, is a word I had never heard until I moved to Provo... actually it's a word I had never heard until I moved in with Liz and Kat... what does it mean???) but anyway, when you're tired, your fences go down and discussions get interesting. And interesting discussions are well... interesting. Why go to bed when it's getting so good??
Besides, it's kind of fun being "campy". At one point I climbed up to the second floor, tapped on Margaret's window and whispered her name in a creepy voice until she slowly parted the blinds and shakily said, "Hello??" Then there was the jump and growl outside Jena's window. And the long 4am stroll around Provo. Things that are only cool when all common sense is gone.
I'm reminded of a song..."Who needs sleep? Well you're never gonna get!" Sorry I'm so cranky guys. If you make me a T-shirt or sign that says "I'm cranky/campy" or something like that, I'll wear it. I shouldn't be allowed to interract with people...

No comments: