Saturday, March 20, 2004

So I went to campus today. My reasons were two-fold. One, I needed to reserve the giant Twister game from BYU Oudoors Unlimited (or whatever it's called) and Two, I needed to buy one more ticket to the Luau on Wednesday. I had pseudo-completed task #1 and had made my way to the Info Desk for task #2.
Me: Can I get one ticket to the Luau on Wednesday?
Guy: Sure. That's $3.
Me: Okay. (I hand him the money.)
Guy: (He takes the money and reaches in the drawer for my ticket. He takes it out and holds it.) I have a question for you.
Me: (Uh oh.) Oh, really?
Guy: Ya. Okay, here's the situation... I was on a blind date last night... (ramble, ramble, ramble)
Me: (Of course you were. And of course since I'm at BYU on a Saturday I have nothing better to do than listen to you talk about your blind date last night and I most certainly care about you and this dating situation. Please, tell me more. I want to hear all about your blind date. Yes, keep talking. Do you understand what I'm saying? You're KILLING ME! Enough with the blind date story!) Uh huh...
Guy: My friend set me up with this girl because another girl had asked him out and he wanted to double.
Me: Sure...
Guy: So, we hadn't been out long when his date was talking about my date and she said the wrong name. So my friend corrected her. And his date got all huffy and was like, "Do you even know what MY name is?" He knew the first and last syllables but he couldn't for the life of him remember her name! His date got all upset and demanded that he take her home right away. Is that weird?
Me: Yes. (Can I have my ticket now?)
Guy: Because my friend feels aweful about it but really, he didn't know her that well and SHE was the one that asked HIM out. So, I can tell him that it's weird that she got that mad?
Me: Yes.
Guy: Okay. Oh, here's your ticket. Next!

No comments: