Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Sunshine and Grass Stains

Today was gorgeous again. I ran outside during recess. I crossed the monkey bars, played catch with some kids, pushed them on swings and went swinging myself. After school, we all went out to the big field to play catch with some footballs. They all pointed and laughed as my football went end over end and as the 2nd grader I was playing with threw way better than me. It finally became necessary for me to choose a new activity which was rolling down the big grass hill. And so I did. I rolled and rolled and rolled. And as I rolled I laughed. But when I got to the bottom I noticed that the kids were stealing the footballs and frisbees. I tried to chase them down but... well... I had just been rolling... and I was a bit dizzy... and so I couldn't run in a straight line or really tell where they were at all. So the kids laughed at me again as I staggered around the big field telling them to return the equipment. Which they did. By throwing them at me. Those little buggers have pretty good arms. But, I was still pretty dizzy and I must admit that I was hit by more balls than I caught (mostly because I didn't catch any) and so the children laughed at me again taunting me as I staggered. And I laughed to because it was funny I tell you! It's all about sunshine and grass stains. And twenty kids between the ages of six and ten mocking you... can't forget that.

No comments: