Friday, July 04, 2003

According to Gary Chapman, there are Five Languages of Love. They are...
1 - Words of Affirmation
2 - Quality Time
3 - Receiving Gifts
4 - Acts of Service and
5 - Physical Touch.
For me, I'm pretty sure that my Love Language is quality time. I love nice words, great hugs, random acts of service and the occasional gift as much as the next girl, but when somebody wants to spend time with me... that's when I know they care. Wanting to be around me equals loving me. I know this is my love language because if I don't get the other four things, I can easily write it off. But if they don't spend time with me, I take it personally... quick. I'm overly sensitive about it. A freak kind of. "What? You don't want to hang out? You're moving out? You haven't visited me in days! You must hate me! There's something wrong with me. You say you love me but you must not mean it if you can't stand to be around me." A little over the top, I realize. And it's really not as bad as I say it is. But quality time really is important to me. Which is funny because I think I might express love differently... but I don't know... maybe I should actually read the book...

No comments: