Friday, July 25, 2003

Today I got new glasses. Things like this are always a scary experience for me. Especially when they're a permanent accessory. If you make a bad decision, it haunts you every day for at least the next 5 years until the insurance company decides you've suffered enough and allows you to get a new pair. For a lot of people I guess it's not a big deal. They know what's cool. They know what looks good. And they walk away knowing they've made the right decision and that nobody will be pointing and laughing and whispering behind their back, "What was she thinking? It's bad enough the dork's in glasses but did she have to make it that painful for the rest of us to look at?"

Standing in front of the numerous choices I was in a state of panic. I kept thinking, "I wish Liz or Kat were here... I wish Liz or Kat were here... d'oh!" And then a glimmer of hope came. Liz and Kat had mentioned something about what kind of glasses they thought would look good on me a few weeks ago. What did they say again? Black trim with the wing-like things on the sides. Right? Man, I hope they weren't being sarcastic. Because that's what I'm going for...

And that's what I got. They come in on Tuesday then Mom and Dad will mail them to me. I'm terrified. I know I messed it up. I have no sense of fashion. No, no. Man... I wish Liz or Kat had been there...

No comments: