Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I love it when I'm right. But I love it less when I have to face the "Big Bad" to prove that I'm right. Was it worth it? Probably not. No.

Yes, today I went to the doctor. He did what it is that doctors do. (It really wasn't so bad.) And he told me exactly what was wrong... not so much an ear infection as an inflamed something or other. And even better? There isn't much he can do. He guesses I just had some bad virus back around the time it turned up, which was early April when I was working in an elementary school and was constantly sick with one thing or another, and it will just have to clear up on its own. So he gave me a name of some vitamin or herb or something and told me to start searching in health food stores to see if they carry it because it might speed up the healing process then told me he was sorry that I was in pain and then sent me on my way.

So, it turns out that a doctor visit wasn't necessary at all, I wasn't being neglectful by not going earlier and I didn't miss out on any miracle cure. I was right. I braved a doctor visit and didn't even get a lollipop... or more importantly, drugs.

No comments: