Monday, July 21, 2003

Renton. Wow. It's definitely weird being back. Kind of a Twin Peaks experience. I went to my home ward yesterday. Sacrament meeting was crazy. The chapel was full which was definitely cool and it looked like a lot of people who were inactive back in the day have come back. There were also a lot of babies. Quite a few of them had mothers that I went to nursery and primary with. Most younger than me. It was so odd to watch them as they had to take their crying babies out, or feed them or do other mommish things. For the last two hours I was asked to go into the nursery. Not because they knew I'd cry if I didn't get snack and a nap time but because there were over a dozen infants in there and only one teacher. I had a great time in there, of course. At one point I was sitting on the floor while four or five of them poked me until I made some kind of sound, they'd all run away giggling and then come back and jump on me again. That was fun. Felt like I was in Provo again.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon visiting friends. I had to stop after the third house though because I was recognizing a theme. Before I left I had to eat something. Usually a lot of something. And one more house may have made me explode into only spatterings of Emily... and then where would we be?

I'm actually kind of thinking about sticking around. It seems that the end-of-summer plans may have changed and there's a lot of work to do here. More than I bargained for I guess. At least it's pretty here, though. Gorgeous really. I can't get over it. Wish you were here.

No comments: