Friday, July 18, 2003

Hi. I'm in Renton. Little Renton. It took me only about thirteen hours to get here and got great satisfaction out of beating MapQuest's prediction of 14.5 hrs. I won the race. I'm the champion. I got the added bonus of going through the pass right at sunset. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen and as peaceful as it was driving through it alone, I really wished my friends could have been there to share it with me. It really is gorgeous here. I forgot. It's green and nice. The roads are curvy and hilly. People come in all colors and there are Starbucks on every corner. Gosh, I love Seattle!

I pulled in around 9:30 and drove right to the Faerbers where I played with my babies for a while. Then Sarah called and I went over to Lunsfords and chatted with them before forcing myself to go to my parents' house. The parents were mad because they had figured out that home wasn't my first stop and mom was pretending to sleep when I got there. Then I went in her room, she jumped out of bed, threw a puppy in my arms and said, "Finally! You meet your new sister! What do you think?" Fact is though... she's really cute. And she's sassy. I like her.

So far so good. But "one of these days I'm just gonna snap..." Hehehe!

No comments: