Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Boo!

I left apartment 63 after midnight and sleepily headed back to my apartment but then I saw her. Lisa was bent down buying a soda at the soda machine just outside her apartment. "What a weirdo," I thought, "Only Lisa would be out buying a soda after midnight on a school night." So I did what any respectable girl would do. I snuck up on her with the intent to make her scream. I walked quietly at first but then realizing that it wouldn't be long before she got her soda and turned around, I ran for her, grabbed her ribs on both sides and said, "Rarr!" She gave a little shriek and flung around, fully erect, then she took a step back. I gave a little shriek too because... that wasn't Lisa. It wasn't even anybody in my ward. I had no idea who this person was at all. "Uh... hi," I said lamely.
"Hi." She still eyed me suspiciously. I tried to play it cool...
"You... uh... live here?"
"No. I live across the street."
"Oh, cool. Sorry... I... uh... thought you lived here and sometimes I do that... I... uh... so, you go to BYU?"
"Ya."
"What are you studying?"
"Political Science."
"That's nice."
"Ya, I've been going to school here for over 2 years now... I'm from Japan."
"That's really cool!... I gotta go. It was nice meeting you... what's your name?"
"Chichachu."
"Chichacha?"
"Chichachu. Ooh."
"Ooh. Chichachu. Got it. I'm Emily. Nice to meet you."
And then, like any respectable girl, I ran away.

No comments: